Outpatient programs are available at our mental health treatment center for those patients who need continuing care after their inpatient program or who are less suitable for an intense residential program. The advantage of an outpatient program is that it allows one to maintain their day-to-day lifestyle such as work and family obligations while still working on their mental health recovery. Even an outpatient program offers varying degrees of care and can be customized according to the patient’s needs and schedule.
A patient can choose between three levels of outpatient care.
The least rigorous of all the outpatient plans, this allows the patients to opt for treatment sessions as per their convenience. The patients can attend sessions without any significant disruption to their personal or professional schedule.
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
In this program, the patient is expected to be present at the behavioral health center for a set number of hours per day. The patient can choose between a morning or an evening schedule. The sessions include education for coping mechanisms, therapeutic modalities, and medical support. The average duration of the IOP program is 5 to 8 weeks or longer. Patients need to attend nine hours of such sessions to gain the maximum benefit from this type of treatment.
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
This program requires the patient to commit six hours daily to treatment at the behavioral health center. During their time at the facility, the patients would be expected to undertake individual or group therapy, educational classes, learn coping mechanisms, meet various support groups, and seek medical support when recommended by the primary therapist. Therapy sessions are individualized and thoughtfully structured to suit the individual needs of each patient.
Advantages of an Outpatient Program
Though an inpatient or a residential program is the most preferred treatment option for patients with severe symptoms, an outpatient program also has its benefits. These are:
- Personalized treatment plan
- Opportunity to stay in touch with support groups
- As effective as an inpatient program, but less rigid
- Economical and more flexible compared to a residential plan
- Eliminates the need for explanations for long periods of absence
- Flexible hours and weekend classes to suit every individual’s needs
- Option to manage both personal and professional commitments and treatment
- Smooth transition from residential program to normal life with complete support
- Offers more anonymity and privacy as the sessions require lesser time and can be attended confidentially
- Structured time-based therapy sessions specially attuned to suit each and every patient to maximize result
Choose Medical Concierge for Better Mental Health
The mental health experts at Medical Concierge continuously strive to provide each of our patients with the best and the latest in the field of mental health treatment. Our mental health treatment helpline (877) 636-0042 is open 24/7, including a live chat representative available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You are also invited to complete a confidential fill form and a treatment specialist will contact you. Allow our admission specialists to assist you through the admissions process so that your decision of seeking treatment can be transitioned into concrete steps towards lifelong mental health recovery. You can also chat online with a representative for further assistance.